Sunday 3 April 2016

Water in Demand...?




Water Scarcity...

 
On a pleasant Morning, my Mother and I sat together to have a cup of coffee. Suddenly I thought of asking my mom about our city Madurai. When I asked her, she said she thinks of water scarcity in Madurai. Then I realized that it is so true that people all over Madurai are affected by water scarcity. Then I had a flash back of my school days..... My Economics teacher was teaching us a lesson; she mentioned that "Water used to be a free good." The term "Free Good" represent goods that are gifts of nature, they are not scarce and do not have a value in exchange. But now Water became an economic good that is goods commanding price in the market, they are scarce and have a value in exchange. What a pity on us that water still is a gift of nature but needs money to reach everybody's home.


During this summer as a kid even I have to think twice of the usage of water. So we the people of Madurai city should also be cautious about use age of water because Water performs as a basic need of our life now and forever..... "A French Economist Jean-Baptist Say (1767-1832) stated that "Supply creates its own demand." That is of course true because right now "Water supply creates its own demand."       




                                               
                                                                  By

                                                                                              Anthea.Isaac

                                                                                                    (A proud economics student...) 



No comments:

Post a Comment