Wednesday 20 April 2016

Chit Chat...


Chit Chat with Andrea


 Today I got some time to have a chit chat with a 13 year old girl; she is a school student and also an artist. She lives in Madurai and was promoted to 9th standard.

At the age of early teens she is so interested in making clay miniatures. If you ask me I would simply say "Bravo".
Even though she is appreciated by everyone for her class of art. She also feels like a fish out of water because of her unique interest. I have got some questions for her and she is here to answer my questions.

1) How did you get this unique interest?
I always love playing with dolls and always interested in making doll houses. By watching videos on YouTube I started learning to make clay miniatures.

2) How did you start?
As I said before, I used to watch videos and try them with wheat flour seeing my interest my parents provided me air dry clay.

3) How long you have been doing miniatures?
For 3 years.

4) Are your family and friends supportive for this kind of interest?
My family is always supportive and encouraging but according to my friends making clay miniatures is not a big deal.

5) Does that discourage you?
No, But sometimes I do feel awkward about my interest. Feeling bad that I am the only one with this kind of an interest.

6) Can everybody do clay miniatures?
Yes, with passion and practice everybody can.

7) What are the qualities you inherit through clay modeling?
Concentration and patience. I have also learnt that not everything will result in success.  

8) Do you feel proud of yourself?
I feel happy about myself but I don't feel proud about myself.

9) Do you establish your work?
Officially I have a YouTube account and a blog to establish my work.

10) Can you name them?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYLzj8kOVx7s49Irs-dNOA
Blog: http://andreaartasapart.blogspot.in/

11) Do you have a slogan or a motto?
I do. " Art as a part".

12) Do you have some personal views?
I am satisfied and happy doing clay miniatures. It is a best way to spend my time.

13) Do you have any setbacks?
Of course, Most of the people around me do not know the importance of my work. I am unable to sell my stuff and it is  difficult to get craft supplies in my city.

14) Will these setbacks stop you?
No, Never.



Wishing you all the best sis.
Thank you.


After the chit chat I am happy to say that Andrea is my sister. I can't explain the feeling of writing about my own sister. Thank you sis for your precious time.

If you’re interested in clay miniatures follow her on YouTube. 
Don't forget
(Art as a part)




                                                       By
                                        Anthea Isaac
                                                      (Sis of Andrea Isaac)
   
   

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey it was a wonderful chit chat keep going girls. God bless all your endeavours

    ReplyDelete